Monday, June 25, 2007

The world from a dog's perspective

This was going to be entitled Activism from a dog's perspective, til mom, who is channeling me, realized that most of what I do is RELAX-ism, not Activism. Which is very important. Bottom line, I think that humans would be much better off if they relaxed more, just relaxed and hung out, and gazed at nothing in particular really, everything actually, just a soft focus you could say, and smelled the breeze. There is so much in a breeze, and listening to it too, there is a lot to hear.

Mom and I are alike in that way. When she was a child she loved to lie under trees and watch the leaves move against the sky and listen to the breeze. She still does. She likes to sleep on the floor, like me, so we are getting on the same wavelength more. She has tried beds but they don't really work for her, so she keeps ending up on the floor. It's a way we connect. Simple living is key, she is trying to do that more, and succeeding I think. The more one loves nature, the more one is happy with simpler living, and that is good for the overall planet, polar bears, ice caps, etc - she tells me about them. I agree, keep the ice caps where they are. I like the cold. I wish I could go up there, I would love to visit an all ice world. I would like to fly in a plane someday, just so they give me water, etc, and it is not too bumpy or long, I would like to end up in a new place to visit.

Basically, life is mostly 2 things. Relaxing or exploring. Because you are either enjoying what already is, or you are out finding new things to enjoy. What else is there, really? Mom is very with me on this one. I wish I could go out with her to explore more. For example, just this weekend she went up north to Sebastopol to go antiquing to look for something special. I know she wanted to take me but it was too hot in the car. I love smelling new places, that is the best part, looking and listening are nice too, but smelling is the most intense. She usually at least brings me back something to eat from these places.